Opt-In Downloads (formerly Subscribe & Download) is a plugin that allows to distribute files through subscriptions. If people want to download something from your website or from third party websites they must submit their contact details. After submission they receive download link by e-mail. Very simple workflow. All submitted data is saved in database and/or can be sent to popular email marketing providers such as MailChimp, iContact, GetResponse, etc. All saved data can be exported as CSV-file to be used with any other newsletter systems. Opt-In Downloads is a perfect way to extend functionality of your website.
- Add “Terms & Conditions” checkbox to opt-in form.
- Integration with WordPress-native Personal Data Tools.
- Modern and secure opt-in form: CSS3 AJAX-driven opt-in form.
- Encrypted links: subscribers get temporary encrypted links by email.
- Host files wherever you need: you can host your files in WP Media Library, Amazon S3 or any 3rd party server.
- Marketing providers supported: works with MailChimp, AWeber, GetResponse, iContact, Campaign Monitor, Mad Mimi, Benchmark, Sendy and Mailster
- CSV Export: all data can be exported as CSV-file to be used with any newsletter systems.
- Responsive design: opt-in form looks nice on small screens.
- GDPR-ready: enable or disable “terms and conditions” checkbox for opt-in form.
- Shortcode driven: insert shortcodes to place opt-in form.
- Easy to install: install and activate the plugin as any other plugins.
- Translation ready: plugin might be translated to any language.
- WordPress Best Practices: no any alerts from Plugin Check and WP_DEBUG.
Front End Functionality
The best way to understand the idea of Opt-In Downloads is to see live example. Click “Live Preview” or visit demo link. On “Live Preview” website you can subscribe and receive download link by e-mail.
- Install and activate the plugin like you do with any other plugins. Once activated, it will create a menu “Opt-In Downloads” in left side column in the admin area.
- Click left side menu “Opt-In Downloads >>> Settings” and do required settings.
- Click left side menu “Opt-In Downloads >>> FAQ” and read how to use the plugin. Nothing difficult, just insert shortcode into your page.