Really Simple SSL wordpress plugin
Really Simple SSL automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over https.
To keep it lightweight, the options are kept to a minimum. The entire site will move to SSL.
THREE SIMPLE STEPS FOR SETUP:
- Get an SSL certificate (can’t do that for you, sorry.) See our recommendations for a free SSL certificate.
- Activate this plugin
- Enable SSL with one click
Always backup before you go! If you do not have a sound backup policy, start having one! See our recommendations.
Any code suggestions? We’re on GitHub as well!
LOVE REALLY SIMPLE SSL?
Hopefully this plugin saves you some hours of work. If you want to support the continuing development of this plugin, you might consider buying the premium, which includes
some cool features.
Really Simple SSL wordpress plugin PRO FEATURES
- The mixed content scan, which shows you what you have to do if you don’t have the secure lock yet
- The option to enable HTTP Strict Transport Security
- The option to configure your site for the HSTS preload list
- Advanced security headers for additional security
- Mixed Content Fixer for the back-end
- More detailed feedback on the configuration page
- Certificate expiration check: get an email when your SSL certificate is about to expire
- Premium support
WHAT DOES THE PLUGIN ACTUALLY DO
- The plugin handles most issues that WordPress has with SSL, like when you’re behind a reverse proxy/loadbalancer, or when no headers are passed which WordPress can use to detect SSL.
- All incoming requests are redirected to https. Default with an internal WordPress redirect, but you can also enable a .htaccess redirect.
- The siteurl and homeurl are changed to https.
- Your insecure content is fixed by replacing all http:// URL’s with https://, except hyperlinks to other domains. Dynamically, so no database changes are made (except for the siteurl and homeurl).
LIKE TO HAVE THIS PLUGIN IN YOUR LANGUAGE?
Translations can be added very easily here. If you do, I can get you added as translation editor to approve the translations.
Click here to download Really Simple SSL wordpress plugin