WooCommerce Eu Vat Number
WooCommerce Eu Vat Number This extension provides your checkout with a field to collect and validate a customer’s EU VAT number, if they have one. Upon entering a valid VAT number, the business will not be charged VAT at your store.
- VAT Number Field Label – Shown to users at checkout. The default is VAT Number.
- VAT Number Field Description – Shown below Label at checkout. The default is blank.
- Remove VAT for Businesses in Your Base Country – If enabled, businesses with a valid number in your base country will be VAT exempt.
- Failed Validation Handling – Tell the plugin what to do if a VAT number fails validation.
- Reject the order and show an error
- Accept the order without removing VAT
- Accept the order and remove VAT as normal
- Enable B2B Transactions – This will force users to check out with a VAT Number, useful for sites that transact purely from B2B.
EU VAT Digital Goods Handling
EU VAT laws for digital goods changed on January 1, 2015, affecting B2C transactions only. VAT on digital goods must be calculated based on customer location, and store owners need to collect evidence of this via IP address and Billing Address.
There are two settings:
- Tax Classes for Digital Goods – Select which of your Tax Classes is specifically for digital goods. This ensures the user is charged tax based on their Billing Address and not the base or shipping address that physical good taxes are often calculated with.
- Collect and Validate Evidence – Tick the box to validate the user’s IP address against their billing country. If they mismatch, the user is required to confirm their address is correct (self-declaration). Data is stored in the order.
Click here to download WooCommerce Eu Vat Number